How do family businesses need to transform to survive through the next generation?
Laurie is the former CEO of a $100 million revenue company with an exit to a Fortune 50 company. With more than 25 years of C-Suite and award-winning marketing expertise, she provides actionable perspectives to drive sustainable value.
She is a Partner with Stony Hill Advisors, a mergers and acquisitions firm, through which she guides owners through the complex process of letting it go.
80% of business owners want to stop working in their business in the next 5-10 years, but most have not planned for that transition. Listen as Laurie reveals the steps needed to prepare ahead of time, so you are ready to transition successfully when the time comes.
What you’ll learn in this episode
- Why succession planning is so hot right now
- What impacts business value, and how it is calculated
- Factors that reduce your business value
- How to increase your business valuation
- Common mistakes owners make when selling their company
- How Laurie got into this industry
- What owners can do to start preparing their business to be more sellable
View the original post on the Leaders of Transformation website, with host Nicole Jansen
3:00 – Succession in the media
4:15 – Business transition options and market dynamics
9:30 – Choosing the right buyer for your business
15:55 – Factors that determine business valuation
20:45 – Eight Value Drivers
26:17 – Protecting confidential information
33:25 – Laurie’s background experience
35:48 – Tenth generation legacy story
41:10 – Taking action
Succession Stories Podcast: Succession Stories Podcast
Contact Laurie Barkman
- Website: https://www.smalldotbig.com
- Stony Hill Advisors for M&As: https://stonyhilladvisors.com
- Schedule a Conversation with Laurie: MeetLaurieBarkman.com