Laurie Barkman joins Heather Pearce Campbell, The Legal Website Warrior® on the, Guts, Grit & Great Business Podcast, to discuss Successful Business Exits.
In this conversation, Laurie shares tips for effective strategic planning and business succession planning. Every entrepreneur should have a business exit strategy! She also shares some insights on how to productize a portion of your business for greater revenue.
Listen in as Laurie shares important concepts about product market fit, what “growth potential” means, and the importance of surrounding yourself with key advisors.
“If you don’t create a business that cannot thrive without you, it will be worth nothing.”-Laurie Barkman
To get access to the show notes visit: https://legalwebsitewarrior.com/podcast/laurie-barkman/
Key takeaways from the episode:
- “You never know where things are headed even if you have a plan.”
- “Just because you’re big (your company) doesn’t mean you can’t continue to innovate.”
- Finding the product market fit is really important.
- Where does “growth potential” come from?
- “You’re an entrepreneur for a reason and it’s hard work, so it’s great to surround yourself with trusted advisors.”
- 04:41 Laurie shares where her journey in business started.
- 12:35 How Laurie came up with her company name “SmallDotBig”.
- 14:34 What issues can entrepreneurs run into in their business journey?
- 18:12 Laurie enumerates some real-life examples of how you can productize a part of your business and create a recurring revenue model.
- 28:42 How does the Scalability Finder work?
- 43:16 “Begin with the end in mind and … have that mindset towards a future transition.”
How to get in touch with Laurie:
On social media:
Special offer for listeners: You may get an exit value assessment here.
About Laurie Barkman
Laurie Barkman, a business transition sherpa– works with business owners from transition to transaction and plan a lucrative exit on your terms. She also advises how to maximize the value of your company, and guides you through the complex process of letting go.
Laurie is an award-winning marketer and strategist, a certified mergers and acquisitions advisor, with more than 25 years of C-Suite and operational experience, and with a broad range of company size from fast growing startups to Fortune 500. Laurie was a former CEO of a middle market company with a successful exit, and a former managing partner of a private equity firm.
One of her favorite things is having lively conversations with compelling business leaders and thinkers as a creator and host of the Succession Stories Podcast.