What’s Your Business Exit Strategy?
– The Sharkpreneur podcast with Seth Greene Episode 746 Laurie Barkman
80% of business owners want to stop working in their business in the next 5-10 years, but most have not planned for that transition. Many need to improve the business first.
Laurie Barkman is a “business transition sherpa.” With her firm, SmallDotBig, she advises owners on having more valuable, sellable businesses. And as a Partner with Stony Hill Advisors, a mergers and acquisitions firm, she guides them through the complex process of letting it go.
Laurie is the former CEO of a $100 million revenue company with an exit to a Fortune 50 company. With more than 25 years of C-Suite and award-winning marketing expertise, she provides actionable perspectives to drive sustainable value.
Engaging audiences across the US, Laurie is an Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship at Carnegie Mellon University, leads executive workshops with Vistage, and hosts a weekly podcast called Succession Stories.
Laurie earned her MBA from Carnegie Mellon and BS from Cornell University, and is a Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor (CM&AA). She lives in Pittsburgh PA with her family.
Listen to this illuminating Sharkpreneur episode with Laurie Barkman about business exit strategies.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
- How most business owners don’t have a plan for their exit strategy.
- How only 20% of business owners have a written plan for their exit strategy.
- Why business owners need a strategy to build value in their business.
- Why business owners stand in the way of letting their business succeed.
- How people need human capital and structural capital to run a business.